Temenos' Integration offering makes banks more agile, by enabling them to integrate systems much faster and more cost-efficiently, and to become more competitive by enabling near real-time, highly scalable, self-assisted and multi-channel banking 24/7.
Our Integration offering makes your bank much more agile, competitive and profitable. Most importantly, it enables you to offer a superior customer experience, one that is much timelier as well as more easily attuned to evolving customer needs, even when business is growing fast. Our Integration products and framework are for you if you are seeking enhanced:
Agility The ability to integrate any business system up to 3x faster, without detailed, vendor-specific coding work, enabling you to respond much faster to evolving business needs
Competitiveness The ability to provide multi-channel banking services in near real-time 24/7, enabling you to be competitive in the era of real-time digital business
Profitability The ability to sustainably reduce the costs of performing and maintaining integration, and the ability to exploit Cloud-based applications
Scalability The ability to preserve the performance of your integrated business services and straight-through-processing as business volumes grow
Reliability Reduce the risk of batch-processing glitches and protect your bank from regulatory scrutiny and reputational damages
How it works
Our Integration offering consists of products and also proposes an optimal way (framework), to deploy them in the bank.
Design Studio for Integration Events provides an intuitive graphical environment, that commodity specialists in the bank can use to easily configure what data should leave Temenos' Core Banking system and when, in the context of a business transaction that needs to be completed. It is the foundation for enabling event-based, near real-time, asynchronous integration.
The Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) adapters enable commodity specialists to use the design-time environment of widely used ESBs to perform routing and transformation work on messages coming from the Core Banking system. Supported ESBs include those of IBM, Oracle, Microsoft, TIBCO and Fiorano (others on demand).
The Integration Framework lets the bank exploit the above products in combination with standard third-party middleware and industry-standard messages and formats, to benefit from event-based, near real-time, asynchronous integration between its business systems. This framework is part of Temenos' approach to implementing enterprise architecture in the bank in order to reduce its cost-per-transaction.
Be more agile and with near-real-time event-based integration.
Issues faced in integration
Our Integration offering addresses the lack of business agility and competitiveness faced by banks that still rely on traditional point-to-point integration. Your bank will benefit from our Integration offering if it:
- Is slow in responding to evolving business needs, due to the complexity of building coded interfaces between business systems.
- Struggles to offer a multi-channel customer experience in near real-time, due to the lags of end-of-day batch processing.
- Bears high costs from maintaining coded interfaces and from depending on vendor-specialized integration experts.
- Is unable to exploit cloud-based applications in a secure and resilient manner, to improve the efficiency of its value chain.
- Suffers from limited scalability and slower straight-through-processing (STP) when its business systems are heavily solicited by traditional interfaces.
- Is exposed to the potential reputational and regulatory risks related to glitches in batch-based integration processing.